The Internal audit department is composed of highly experienced profesionals, Mr Dimitracopoulos C.I.A. is the Head of this department.
The internal audit system consists of all auditing arrangements and procedures constantly covering all company activities and contributing to its effective and safe operation, the efficiency and efficacy of corporate tasks, the credibility of financial information and compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. The company has a sufficient and effective internal audit system with clearly described procedures, aiming to the effective management of its available resources, according to the Board of Directors’ decisions and the management of the most significant risks.
In particular, the company’s IAS aims are the following:
• Constant implementation of the corporate strategy with effective use of the available resources
• Acknowledgment and management of all sorts of risks assumed by the company
• Reassurance of the completeness and credibility of the data and information required for the accurate and timely determination of its financial condition and the compilation of trustworthy financial statements
• Compliance with the institutional framework governing the company’s operation, including internal regulations and codes of ethics
• Prevention and avoidance of erroneous actions and irregularities that could endanger the company’s reputation and interests as well as the reputation and interests of its shareholders and other interested parties.